Start Studying Machine Learning Techniques & Fundamentals of Python
Do you want to work on self-driving cars, speech recognition, or image recognition? These technologies depend on machine learning. This series of video lectures, taught by Stanford-educated, Silicon Valley experts that have decades of direct experience under their belts, will teach you the basics of machine learning and Python.
Python is one of Google's preferred languages, and an extremely in-demand skill sought by other companies working on AI. These modules start from square one of downloading and installing Python on your machine then progress into more advanced concepts that will leave you prepared to get coding completely on your own.
Python has a simple, highly-readable syntax which makes it perfect for beginners. From simple user scripts to web servers to complex APIs, Python is an incredibly powerful language. Whether you're a beginner or looking to refresh your Python skills, this course breaks basic concepts down into beginner-friendly, comprehendible lessons. You'll finish the training with three hands-on coding exercises so that you'll feel confident in your skills by completion.
- Understand how to install Python on Windows, Mac & Linux
- Understand the basic Python keywords, operators, statements & expressions
- Get an in-depth understanding of object oriented programming & the Python API
- Develop powerful Python applications w/ IntelliJ IDEA (a powerful environment)
- Learn when to use Python 2 & when to use Python.
- Get introduced to suggested text editors & integrated development environments
- Work w/ data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, booleans & more
- Study what variables are & when to use them
- Perform mathematical operations
- Capture input from a user & control the flow of your programs
- Know the importance of white space
- Study what modules are, when you should use them & how to create your own
- Define & use functions (including important built-in functions)
- Learn to install the Python 3 interpreter & run the interpreter in the command line
- Execute Python source files
- Use Python to do simple arithmetic
- Learn to work w/ words & characters using a data type known as the "string"
- Study the Boolean type, a representation of True & False
- Start organizing data into a list
- Create lists & access or edit elements inside them
- Look at the dictionary type to create mappings
- Study the control flow: if statement, looping, function